Project Studies in Kenya
From 2001 to 2018, a total of 19 projects on various topics were carried out, primarily in the slums of Nairobi, and this in cooperation with students from the University of Trier and Kenyatta University Nairobi, with which the University of Trier has entered into a university cooperation. In addition, there was also cooperation with national as well as international organizations (see table below).
Interdisciplinarity and intercultural learning and working were the elements to be emphasized in these project studies. The German as well as the Kenyan students have not only learned through the projects, but have also been significantly shaped in their personal development. Our ideal is that these studies should contribute to the fact that we no longer speak of the "Third World", but that we have to take responsibility for the ONE WORLD. The results of the projects found a considerable echo in the Kenyan as well as partly in the German media - as a sign of a good development cooperation.
- 2001 Livable Streets in Nairobi - How much noise is tolerable?
- 2004 Slum Improvement for the Youth in Nairobi
- 2005 Income Generating Activities
- 2006 Urban Waste Management
- 2006 Impact of HIV Aids
- 2007 Education in the Slums of Nairobi
- 2007 Water and Sanitation
- 2008 The Role of Sports
- 2009 Safer Neighbourhoods
- 2010 Dissablity and Development
- 2012 Peace building and conflict management
- 2013 Youth Led Development in Nairobi
- 2013 Microfinance
- 2014 Civic Engagement Glimmer of Hope
- 2014 Women Empowerment
- 2015 Health Care for the Poor
- 2016 Participatory urban planning
- 2017 Expectations of Kenyan Politics
- 2018 Income Generating Activities